5 Home Trends You Should Try In 2015
If you love decorating your home, here are five trends you should definitely try in 2015. Take these on board and you are sure to have a home that will be the envy of your friends. Start the new year right with these five spectacular home trends!
- Color trends this 2015 – Pantone announced that their color of the year 2015 is marsala; it can be used on its own or as an accent with other colors. If you are not too keen on using the color for big pieces in your home, you can mix and match marsala with other colors that are sure to be on trend. Some of them include wood violet, seaport, anemone, azure blue, pale gold, and antique moss. Play with these colors by using them on furniture, curtains, accessories, and upholstery.
- Gold fixtures – Another trend that will be hot this year is gold for your fixtures. Don’t limit yourself to stainless steel and silver! Start with your bathroom and go all gold. You may also want to change light fixtures outside or inside your home. Don’t be afraid to change everything to gold. You will be surprised at how much more elegant your home will look like decked in this glorious color – it makes quite a statement.
- Wallpaper – Wallpaper is going to be big again this year. If you want to change the way your home looks without changing your furniture, one thing you can do is to wallpaper your home. More patterns, textures, and colors will be available this year. It’s just going to be a matter of mixing and matching wallpaper to suit the theme that you want for your home. Get rid of the old, plain-colored walls and give your home a makeover that will add more color! Even just one feature wall with a bold wallpaper can give a tired room a stunning look.
- Cowhide – According to home trend reports, the ideal accent texture this coming year is cowhide. You may already have a cowhide rug, but it does not have to stop there. Continue the trend with your living room furniture, such as your sofa, or purchase a few cowhide throw pillows, curtains, and even artwork. Choose elements that will elevate the theme of your home.
- Salvaged stone and wood – Make your home more interesting by adding a few salvaged stone and wood pieces. These interior decorating materials are becoming more and more popular, especially if you want to have a ‘natural’ home with elements from the outdoors. Play with different stains of wood and you will be surprised at how cozy your space will feel.
These are the trends that you have to try this 2015. When changing the look of your home, try to work with what you already have. If you want to purchase some new items, you can save money by visiting thrift stores and garage sales where you can find wonderful pieces that will perfectly fit in your home.